The Carnation Enterprises Scholarship
About Carnation Enterprises:
Carnation Enterprises is a small, multi-national company with offices and staff in the US, Asia, and Africa. We manufacture and distribute banking equipment worldwide. Despite being an established business, we have been able to maintain a startup mindset. This helps us succeed in a very competitive business environment.
About Our Scholarship:
Over the last 14 years of business, we have gained inside knowledge on how startups can evolve and stay successful. Because finances, business models and the needs of clients change quickly, it is essential to understand the ever evolving climate of business and how to interact with it. We know many students will be honing their skills for the future in their studies. As modern technology has made it much easier to advertise and start a business, we are interested to see the approaches students may adopt for their own potential future enterprise. With this in mind, we have created a $1,000 scholarship for one student interested in current and future business growth. In addition to our scholarship, we will also be considering top applicants for future internships at Carnation Enterprises.
Who Can Apply:
- You must be enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States.
Deadline for Applications: August 1, 2018
- Please write an essay of at least 3,000 words that addresses the following questions:
How would you characterize the prevailing corporate culture in the United States? What aspects of it offer us, as a country, a competitive advantage (and hence need to be reinforced) and what aspects of our corporate culture hold us back and need to be changed? Suggest remedies for both. How would you characterize the current business climate in the United States? What does it take for an individual or business to be successful under the current conditions?
- In your essay, please do not use any quotes or citations as we want you to think on your own. However, please do make note of any books or media that influenced your opinion.
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. This can be a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill.
How to Apply:
Please complete this application before August 1, 2018: The Carnation Enterprises Scholarship
To complete the application, you will need to submit the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- College or university name
- College or university mailing address
- Attached proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university - current transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill will be accepted.
- Attached essay and bibliography. We will accept .doc and .pdf files only.
Additional Scholarship Details:
- The winner will be announced on August 15, 2018.
- The winner will be selected by a member of the team at Carnation Enterprises
- A check will be mailed to the winning candidate’s college or university to be used towards tuition, room and board, or books
- Applicants can contact email@example.com.
- This scholarship is available on an annual basis and is non-renewable.
- You will not infringe copyright or plagiarize any content in your essay
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the Carnation Enterprises Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Carnation Enterprises, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Carnation Enterprises.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on www.carnation-inc.com.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Carnation Enterprise’s social media pages.
Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, Carnation Enterprises will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the first runner-up.